Tuesday 30 April 2013

3. What have you learned from your audience feedback?

In this evaluation question, I gained some feedback from a selection of audience members, in person and also on Facebook and YouTube to gain an insight into positive and negative features of our film. I also gained some useful comments on how to improve, adjust and change the film for our audiences entertainment.

1. The first step in gaining audience feedback: 

I began with getting a selection of ten different people, from all different age groups and genders to spend just under ten minutes of their time to view our film and to fill out a questionnaire about some personal questions, and also some questions about the film.

The questionnaire is as followed:






Pie chart 1


Pie chart 2


Pie chart 3
Every individual that came and watched the film, also filled out a questionnaire, yet some questions were ignored and with only several offering any decent and valuable information.
 

These are the results of several questions placed into pie charts:

The pie chart which shows the age of the audience members (Pie chart 3) is very telling, as although it ranges from 10-50 years of age, it still achieved a 100% recommendation rate (Pie chart 1). This is then furthered as the gender of those who filled out a survey was divided, although not equally, between male and female but it still shows that 40% of females that watched the film, also enjoyed it (Pie chart 2). This shows that a crime/thriller film is an extremely broad genre, reaching out to a wide range of age groups and also both genders. 

Other questions on the questionnaire required an individual, written response so cannot be placed into a chart. So I have picked out several that are the most significant. Several of the written responses are below. My camera phone quality is not great, so I will type out the relevant answers to these questions from each audience member so it is easier to read. There are also videos of me interviewing different audience members to gain more information of their responses and then to elaborate on them.

These responses included:

‘Are there any negative features in the film which you would like to mention?'  
                                                         ‘If I had to mention one, it would be the ending and how I wanted to find out more about the situation involving the briefcase’



‘Are there any positive features in the film which you would like to mention?’                                                                                                                                                                                                                       '                                                        'A lot is very impressive, especially the chase scene. That and the music made a great tense scene’




‘Are there any negative features in the film which you would like to mention?’
                                                       ‘the scene where the two characters and the briefcase, the dialogue is very limited, I wanted to know more about the storyline'
                                                       
‘Are there any positive features in the film which you would like to mention?’                                           ‘                                                     'the flashbacks especially when the briefcase closes! Great editing work’




  This is me interviewing James Henson and his responses to the film.


‘Are there any negative features in the film which you would like to mention?’ ‘maybe the lack of action - especially shoot out scene!’

‘Are there any positive features in the film which you would like to mention?’‘the acting in the whole film was very professional, I though alex and ed were Hollywood quality :) ’

‘Are there any other comments that you would like to mention?’
‘the flash back scene was awesome’


This is me interviewing Alex Mathieson and his responses to the film. 


2. The second step in gaining audience feedback: 

From my questionnaire from the focus group, it allowed me to find out more about an individual comment as it was in person. Contrasting with this would be my online survey, where people from Facebook and YouTube had the chance to share their opinions on my film through SurveyMonkey. 

To create a survey online, I used a programme called ‘SurveyMonkey’ which allowed me to upload an interactive questionnaire onto the internet so I could gain a broader range of views. This also allowed other friends, and YouTube, Facebook members to have their say on the film, rather than having to get a physical copy of the questionnaire.

This is the URL for the survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9VV7V7V




My results have been collected and I will express my views and what I have learnt on some of them.

Gender, age and recommendation charts 




Spider diagram of 'If you had to pick any word to describe the film, what would it be?'

A somewhat trivial question has actually led to some great feedback. When planning my questionnaire, I placed this question in as almost everybody would answer it and some feedback is better than the question being ignored (like some larger questions which require a larger comment). My results were all very positive and I have learnt from this question that all those willing to answer the question and who have watched the film, have enjoyed the film.

Two responses that have caught my eye include:

‘alright’ - This is the least positive comment we received, and this still counts the film as on an average level which is still positive.

‘different’ - This comment perhaps suggests that our film is unique. And from the evaluation question 1 this actually has some truth behind it.

The negative with this question, is that I am
 limited from feedback apart from the single word so I am left to decide and learn from very little.


Evaluation of, 'Are there any positive features in the film which you would like to mention?'


Evaluation of, 'Are there any negative features in the film which you would like to mention?'



No comments:

Post a Comment